I feel like the selfie stick is a great invention for those who want to take their selfies to the next level, but I can see them as a dangerous piece of equipment as well. An article written by Peter Terlato on businessinsider.com, said “Like our institutional counterparts, we do not allow selfie sticks due to the risk of damage to artworks and other patrons.” I can see how dangerous selfie sticks can be, and I guess the companies and businesses have rights to ban the selfie stick and I see why. Selfie sticks can actually be pretty dangerous when not used correctly, and I mean, the aren't really that necessary when taking a photo. I never really used a selfie sticks so I do not know if it makes taking a photo easier or what, but I feel like if we do not really need it, and there are enough injury cases to prove that it is dangerous, then it is completely fine that people are banning it from different areas around the world.
I did not really think it would be that dangerous, but after seeing some photos of people taking photos at "interesting" times, the selfie stick can encourage people to take bizarre photos.
 |
| Oldanchorinn posted this picture of a man attempting a stick selfie while in a moving car. |
At a first glance, this picture threw me off. Being Canadian, I thought that the person taking the photo was also the driver, but because this picture was taking in the UK, the driver is on the right. It might not seem that bad to take a picture like this, but to me, it is kind of dangerous. The stick looks pretty long so it would be hard to balance, and if he did not have the balance, he could have broke his phone/camera just for a photo of him in a car. It is a pretty cool photo but I would not take a photo like that myself.
To conclude, I would just like to start off by saying I do not think the selfie sticks are the reason why they are dangerous, they were not made for that purpose. It is simply just how you use it that can be dangerous, and I feel like if an area has a reason to ban selfie sticks, then people should not complain.
No comments:
Post a Comment